Monday 30 April 2012

The Hair Chronicles (part 1)

Hello flower, 

I've been a little over-interested (obsessed) by my hair at the moment. I'm eager to grow it very very long indeed, and will do anything to get there.

There are all sorts of weirdy methods I've been trying out, (more on that later) one of which is not using heat. I want my hair to stay in the best condition possible in order to encourage it to grow, so I thought not using heat styling would give it a hand along the way. 

My hair is naturally straight but I like it wavy best. Here is my method of getting nice waves in your hair without using heat!




(Here is me awkwardly showing off my new found waves)

- Wash your hair.
- Allow to air dry naturally, tucking your hair behind your ears (this creates a nice wave at the front)
- When nearly dry, run some mousse through your hair. This means that the waves don't fall out, and it eliminates frizz. I use L'Oreal's Studio Silk and Gloss Curl Power Mousse. 
- Part your hair into two sections, one on each side of your head.
- Twist both sections down the length in a clockwise direction.
- Finally, twist the two sections together anti-clockwise and they will form a rope braid. Secure with a hair bobble. 
- Leave to dry completely, then shake it out! 


Basically, it's like having plaits in wet hair but the rope braid creates a nicer wave. More like a beach wave, instead of that criss-crossy business you get with plaits. 

Love and peace, 

Heppy  

No comments:

Post a Comment